Choose the link below for the Ministry of Education Resource, Viewing and Representing Supporting English Language Arts 10, 20, 30:
Collaborative Viewing Guide(adapted from Viewing and Representing 2013, Ministry of Education)
Collaborative Viewing Guide (adapted from Viewing and Representing 2013, Ministry of Education)
1. The Vikings on History TV- Season One Episode 1 & 2.
Before my students read “The Pardoner’s Tale” By Chaucer, I give them a brief history of Middle English. I have shown both episode 1 & 2 of The Vikings. The Vikings supports the notes I give them and my students and I love the show!
2. ELA B30- History of the English Language
Jack Chambers(University of Toronto) was interviewed by Michael Enright for CBC Radio to discuss the Great English Vowel Shift. Click on the link below to listen to the interview:
3. ELA B30- Geoffrey Chaucer- The Founder of our Language:
The Canterbury Tales Prologue in Middle English:
Animated Canterbury Tales:
Hamlet-Cruel to be Kind
The setting for Hamlet-Map
1. ELA 20-Fairytales:
2. Please choose the attachment below for an activity to use with the movie, The Dead Poet’s Society:
1. ELA A30- Saskatchewan Stereotypes- Corner Gas –